– All the parts and holes are very carefully seated. Due to the fact that they were laser cut, there are some slight burns that will be invisible after painting anyway. It is also worth noting that there are no burns on the leather around the holes, so often found in other manufacturers.
– Some basic skills in working with vegetable tanned leather should be of help. The leather will need to be cased ( soaked ) and washed to get off of the black dirts a bit
– The project is put together mostly using and saddle stitching so make sure you can reproduce it before buying.
– If you want to find support or share your work then you’d be most welcome in Creative Awl Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/CreativeAwlPatterns/
Engraved Leather FLAP for Briefcase [DIY Kit]
Hello and welcome to our shop where you can find downloadable patterns or templates for handcrafting leather products. Please read on for more info!
This is a physical product in the form of a leatherworking kit. That Flap can be used to create a briefcase as seen in the pictures.
For the digital pattern please follow this link https://www.etsy.com/pl/listing/853302472/leather-laptop-bag-pattern-leather
The package contains the following items:
– Flap made out 2,5mm~ vegetable tanned leather with chosen engraved motif: World Map, Lotr’s map, tree of life, or USA’s flag. You can choose to have/ or not stitching holes in leather
– paper pages containing the pattern and assembly instructions for the 1:1 scale version of the briefcase. You will need some more leather to finish this project
If you want to get a digital pattern also – please send me a message.
Before you decide to buy, particularly if you haven’t had much experience with leather, please see the video tutorial https://youtu.be/h6e4CNZkQMk