– All the parts and holes are very carefully seated. Due to the fact that they were laser cut, there are some slight burns that will be invisible after painting anyway. It is also worth noting that there are no burns on the leather around the holes, so often found in other manufacturers.
– Some basic skills in working with vegetable tanned leather should be of help. The leather will need to be cased ( soaked ) and modeled a bit in order to achieve a more realistic look. Please watch the video to get an idea
– The project is put together mostly using cross-stitching and saddle stitching so make sure you can reproduce it before buying.
– If you want to find support or share your work then you’d be most welcome in Creative Awl Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/CreativeAwlPatterns/
Treasure Chest [DIY KIT]
Hello and welcome to our shop where you can find downloadable patterns or templates for handcrafting leather products. Please read on for more info!
This is a physical product in the form of a leatherworking kit that can be used to create a treasure chest as seen in the pictures.
For the digital pattern please follow this link https://www.etsy.com/pl/listing/847783504/leather-treasure-chest-pattern-leather
The package contains the following items:
– 26 pieces of 5-6 oz ( 2+ mm ), about 0,35 sqm vegetable-tanned leather that has been laser cut
– 0,8 mm thick waxed thread
– 2 x 20mm belt buckles
– 46 rivets 5mm ( hammer and a metal plate is enough to connect)
– 2 rivets 7mm
– paper pages containing the pattern and assembly instructions for the 1:1 scale version of the chest
Before you decide to buy, particularly if you haven’t had much experience with leather, please see the video tutorial https://youtu.be/S6ta-lbLglE